Tuesday, November 8, 2011


We saw "Weird Al" Yankovic in concert last night and he was great. The crowd definitely encompassed all ages. Anything I know of current music is due solely to Al who parodies those tunes. BONUS: We got out of the parking lot FAST. I'm a pro! CPA Boy and The Boy had to run to catch up with me. Ha!

Today Dad & I went to The Container Store (LOVE!) and then to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I didn't get my usual: Crispy Chicken Costoletta which comes with mashed potatoes and asparagus --- YUM! Instead I ordered the gumbo. Now I have leftovers to serve to CPA Boy for dinner! Bliss!

Oh and for the record, when CPA Boy became a partner we checked for CPA Man but someone else already had that personalized license plate, so Boy it remains!

I also brought home some cheesecake for the Boys. I didn't get any for myself because, while I like cheesecake just fine, I don't LOVE it. No sense using up calories on something sweet I don't love. I will, however, regret this about 9 tonight...

I plan to (maybe?) use the calories tomorrow when I go to lunch with my dearest friend who is not Lady Chardonnay. We'll call her CPA Michelle. I am hoping she will want to try a new local restaurant called The Petaluma Pie Company. Besides sweet pies they offer something called Savory Hand Pies. Some flavors include: Mushroom and Goat Gouda, Samosa (Indian flavors), Hamburger Pie, and Spinach & Feta. I have high hopes for this place. Plus I might be willing to taste a bit of chocolate cream pie. We'll see. Lately, since I have basically stopped eating much sweet stuff, I just don't have the taste buds for sweets like I used to. But savory? Count me in!

I am hours behind on my TV watching, due to Mona Lisa Smile and Weird Al. And I remembered yet another show I watch: Cougar Town. Once you get past seeing Courteney Cox as Monica Geller from "Friends" and once the show ditched the actual "she's a cougar" premise, this show turned into a bunch of people sitting around drinking wine, making snarky comments and doing stupid stuff. I love it lots.

The shows I watch, in no particular order: The Simpsons, Once Upon a Time, Boardwalk Empire, House, Terra Nova, Dancing With the Stars, Unforgettable, Mad Men, Modern Family, The Middle, Suburgatory, Community, American Horror Story, CSI, Game of Thrones, Survivor, Jeopardy, The Soup, 30 Rock, Cougar Town, The Daily Show, and lots of QVC & Turner Classic Movies.

Ugh, it's almost 5 o'clock and it's dark! Another thing I loathe: Daylight Savings Time changes. Pick a time, America, and stick with it!!

Okay, that's a wrap for today. I want to change the comments section so they will post without moderation but I haven't figured out where to do that with Blogger's new look. I'll keep working on it!

2 comments:

  1. Barb likes Cougar Town too; I tried, I really did, but I find those people unbearable, except for the woman next door (Ellie?). But the rest of them...yeah, not for me.

    I watch: The Good Wife, How I Met Your Mother, Two Broke Girls, Glee, New Girl, Raising Hope, Ringer, Survivor, and Modern Family. And very few of those would I bother to tape if I weren't going to be home -- Wife, Survivor, Ringer. The others are more fun things I do with my kids (or husband, who looooves Modern Family -- we tease him about being a cross between Phil and Cameron, whereas Claire was written after someone followed me around for a week).

    Gotta run. Keep the Petaluma Pie Company in business so I can eat there when next I see you! Tell Michelle I said hi!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot Suburgatory, which I love. But I never watch it in real time because of Survivor.

    Thank you for fixing the comment feature so we get instant gratification! I'm old and out of patience.

    Hey, come by my blog and dance with me!!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete