Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Colorado Dreamin'

Next week we (me, CPA Boy and my dad --- need a good blog nickname for him...) will be on our way to Colorado to visit my youngest brother K2. He lives just outside Denver.

This will be the second visit for CPA Boy and me. We went back in 2008 with The Boy and had a great time.

Except for the "shed incident".
 "C'mon! It'll be FUN!!"

We arrived about the time K2's Tuff Shed arrived --- coincidence?! I think not! --- so we all got roped into helping him build it. This involved lifting the 4 sides into place and then holding them up for what felt like hours, even though it was probably only one or two hours. We are hoping this is not the year he decides on excavating for a swimming pool.

I will try to blog during the trip. Especially if any building projects arise. Otherwise we will eat at restaurants we don't have at home, visit a couple of museums, attend a Colorado Rockies game when they are actually playing CPA Boy's favorite team (the Oakland Athletics), shop for things we don't need and lounge about K2's house.

Meanwhile I will be getting things ready: laundry, packing and deciding what reading material to bring. And briefing The Boy on what to do and NOT TO DO while we are away.

In TV news, it seems I'm sometimes away from home when the season's final episode of "Mad Men" airs. At the end of season 3 I was at Disneyland and this time I will be in Colorado for the end of season 5. Just a funny coincidence.

"Game of Thrones" ends its current season this Sunday so that will be out of the way before we leave. The difference between "Mad Men" and "Game of Thrones" is this: I have read all the books on which "Thrones" is based so I have a good idea of what's coming. With "Mad Men" I have no idea what's going to happen and the final episode of the season is usually amazing.

It's funny how certain things converge around the same dates. We used to notice this during school years too sometimes. While on our trip I also have invitations to a friend's 50th birthday party and my niece's high school graduation both of which I will need to miss.

And one of the rats, Kirk, has some sort of bump on his face so he needs to see the vet tomorrow. Kirk is quite elderly in rat years being 2 1/2 (pet rats live between 2 to 3 years). His brother Spock died almost 2 years ago at only 6 months old. It was sudden and we have no idea why he died so young. Kirk is a very friendly little guy so we hope his problem is something minor and easily treatable.

Okay, I have so many other things to do! See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, K2 is a good-lookin' fella!

    And it was like 10 or 15 minutes, not a couple of hours. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete