Monday, August 20, 2012

More Travel

This will be my basic view for the next 4 days while I'm staying at the Little River Inn. I am pretty sure fog will mean less blue ocean and sunshine. But I always love being near the ocean, fog or no fog.

But first I need to pick up my best friend, Lady Chardonnay, and her daughter Mimosa at the airport in Sacramento tonight at 11 p.m. They will sleep here tonight and then we drive up the coast tomorrow. Lady C's mom and aunt will be meeting us there. Should be fun!

I don't need to leave for the airport for another hour so here I am. I have been meaning to post more often but I really like to have some sort of topic or I end up just rambling...like this!

I was thinking of writing about family members, many of who are gone now. Maybe memories of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. And my mom.

One cool thing that my parents and brothers did a couple of years ago was start compiling a family story list. I meant to write it all up and make a booklet out it all but then we lost Mom and I haven't really had the heart to get back into it. But I'm almost ready to start tackling the pile of notes. For example, my brother Everest and I called old-fashioned cars "blim-blims" when we were little. That's the kind of little thing that can get lost as we get older.

I don't know if I will get time to blog or not while I'm away. If not, then I will recap over the weekend.

Mendocino....by way of Sacramento Airport...here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment