Sunday, February 24, 2013
Happy Birthday Abe!
My husband bought me a cake from our local grocery store. They have the yummiest frosting! He had it personalized too! Apparently he needed to spell "Abe" for the bakery employee.
The fact that I share my birthday with Abe Vigoda is an old joke among family and friends though not as old as Mr. Vigoda!
In honor of my birthday I will now catalog my aches, pains and other health issues. This must be done so that when I am 60 or 61 I can look back and see how good I had it in my early 50s, even if it doesn't always feel that way some days.
1) I have a spot just below my left knee that hurts like crazy whenever I get up from sitting on the floor. It doesn't hurt when I walk so I am ignoring it for now. If it gets worse or never seems to get better then I will see my doctor.
2) I have a ganglion cyst on my left pinkie finger's first joint, just below the scar from when I cut my finger in September 2011. First step towards "old lady hands" and I am NOT happy about it!
3) My hair is mostly white (I think) but I color it dark brown. My eyebrows are starting to follow suit.
4) My female issues have abated greatly since I had surgery in 2010 to remove fibroid tumors, ovarian cysts and uterine polyps --- a triple whammy! I still haven't hit menopause yet but I am pretty confident that my child-bearing years are over. The child-bearing hips however....
5) I am still about 60 pounds overweight. I am working on this issue but not tonight. See above re: chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
6) In the last week I have had some stomach issue meaning that every time I ate I would suffer about 4-5 hours of intense stomach cramping. Thanks to some over the counter Gas-X (ain't getting older great?!) my symptoms seem to have receded. Or I have something like Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Or I just ate something bad that won't leave my system. Maybe I have a tapeworm!
7) I still have a small patch of nail fungus on my toe, mostly because I have not yet tried the suggested cure of hydrogen peroxide soaks and Vicks Vapo-Rub rubs.
Now that I look at this list I don't think I'm really doing too bad! And many of these things are easily cured!
Now I'm off to watch the Oscars! Happy Birthday, Abe Vigoda!