Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Extreme Makeover Edition

This is a picture of me with my brother Everest. It was taken in late 1969 in those halcyon days before K2 arrived in 1970. (Just kidding, K2! The REAL halcyon days were before 1964! Heh!)

I am 7, Ev is 5. I like that it looks like I am leaning away from him! Ewww, brother hug! And, of course, my SHORT-sleeved turtleneck.

But the best part is that this is only the "Before" picture! This was a photo shoot for the annual Christmas card photo. It's probably November, hence the turtleneck. It's also Louisiana, hence the sleeveless top. I guess?

Are you ready for the "After"?!

Here it is!

Our hair has been tamed into submission with a combination of Brylcreem (Ev) and pincurls (me). Ev's outfit has apparently been borrowed from the "Bing Crosby Collection for Young Men". And I am not sure where Ev's glasses went. I'm wearing a standard lacy party dress. I am pretty sure I remember those elastic sleeves digging into my arms.

I thought that perhaps the second photo's coloring was off but I do remember a large photographer's light that Pop used when taking our Christmas pictures. I think it is in use for the fancy picture but not the test shot. Or it IS used in both pictures and the second picture has yellowed a bit. Oh well.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Wait, did you two trades sides for the second picture? I can't tell...

    ReplyDelete