Monday, August 10, 2015

Name Those Presidents!

On a Thanksgiving episode of "Friends" (specifically from Season 7) a challenge to list all 50 states leads to Ross forgetting one state and Joey naming 56.

This got me to thinking. I can list all the states with no problem. My favorite puzzle as a child was a map of the United States. When I could solve it easily I turned the pieces over and solved it upside down too. States, no problem. But what about the presidents?

So I started listing them. There have been 44 presidencies so far. I got 41, Thor got 34 and CPA Boy got 37.

I will explain in detail who missed which presidents in a later entry this week. But first everyone give it a try! (We are betting that Mr. Professor Lady Chardonnay and his missus will get all of them!)

Thor and I put them in chronological order because then we could tell who was missing more easily but CPA Boy just made a list as he thought of them and he did pretty well.

So just list the 44 official presidents in any order and let me know how you do! Good luck!
Here's a starting clue for you!

7 comments:

  1. I got 41 as well - forgot Fillmore, Hayes, and Harding (which drove me nuts, because I could picture his long face perfectly, thought that the name started with an H, and even know a tiny bit about his election scandal -- but I could not for the life of me come up with the name!!! Partial credit, teacher?).

    Which three did you blank on?

    xx

    p.s. I can do the states too, but I utterly fall down on capitals. One of my favorite before-falling-asleep games is to name two-word movie titles that both start with the same letter, in alphabetical order: Anchors Aweigh, Black Beauty, Captains Courageous, Donnie Darko . . . and I usually fall asleep before coming up with an E, which is a hard letter. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! Poor Millard Fillmore. He is unremembered by smart, middle-aged hot chicks! In my case, along with Pierce and Arthur.

      I could possibly get the state capitals but it would take some doing. Hmm, I will have to let me brain percolate before I can get many two-word movie titles. Fantastic Four! Uh, that's all I got right now. ::slinks away in shame::

      Delete
  2. I got Fillmore, Hayes and Harding. I am too embarrassed to say that I missed Wilson, among others. I remember Harding because of a riff Bob Newhart does on riding the train (instead of a plane). He says it just him and a bunch of old people, telling him "how great a President Harding was..." Which he was not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you too embarrassed to mention "President Alexander Hamilton"?!

      Delete
    2. He's my third favorite, right after President Benjamin Franklin!

      Delete
  3. I used to make lists like this during dull classes, so I could remember all of them. Order -- well, not so much. Fillmore/Polk/Taylor wrong; Harrison/Hayes wrong.

    State capitols would be impossible! But I did see a Big Bang Theory last night where the Sheldon-recorded GPS asked, "which four capitols aren't on the interstate system?" Ah, Montpelier.... which else? Gotta be some of those other small states, old states in the NE there... J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Lady J! As for knowing state capitals? Unless they come up in a Jeopardy clue I really don't think I know them by heart anymore but I could probably get most. Hmm, maybe I should try listing those next!

      Hope you are well!

      Delete