Monday, July 4, 2016

"Finally!"

Yeah, I have very little of interest to say these days. I still write lots of book entries though so I haven't completely left the blogging world. I will work on posting more often.

I have noticed that several of the people I used to follow on blogs have mainly switched to Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Periscope, Instagram and/or Pinterest.

The thing is this: I am pretty sure you need to sign up on those platforms in order to be able to use it or view things on it. With a blog you can just e-mail your web address to someone and they can see your entries. I would almost swear that none of my readers --- I have so many, haha --- have accounts for any of these except possibly Pinterest.

I have Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter accounts. I look at Facebook pretty much every day but I rarely post there. I have never Tweeted or Instagrammed.

I have used Pinterest but rarely. I guess it's okay for saving recipes I find on the internet in one place but I also find it unwieldy to actually get back to the recipe and the whole thing irritates me.

For example, I had pinned a recipe for "Raspberry Walnut Tart" that I really like (I substitute pecans for walnuts) and I just now clicked on it from my Pinterest page. It took me to a different page on the main website so I had to search for the raspberry tart separately. I have now printed it out on actual paper which is easier to use in the kitchen anyway!

As another example, I had pinned a recipe for a pork tenderloin stew from the Cook's Country website but when I click on the Pinterest link from my page it wants me to sign up for a 14-day free trial before I can look at the recipe again. Um, what? I have no real need to sign up for a 14-day trial especially since that sounds like I will need to pay for access after that time. That ain't gonna happen. So I can't get the recipe again but I have no memory how I found it in the first place! I hope I wrote it down before and it's in my cookbook cupboard already.

But back to the main point: I much prefer reading blog entries than trying to follow someone on Facebook, Pinterest or the rest! I like reading paragraphs of words and sentences! Sigh. I am getting old. I know I have written about this before so sorry for repeating the same old, same old.

So to wrap it up, I will continue blogging rather than using the newest apps and programs. I have a couple of new idea books that have a list of random questions to answer so I might try plumbing them for topic ides. Things like this:
  • Be your own psychic. Write about your future.
  • Which fad of your youth didn't live up to the hype?
  • What was your worst babysitting experience?
  • Which sibling do you love the most? 
    • I think we all know the answer to this one!

Happy 240th Birthday, United States of America! Happy Birthday tomorrow to my darling son, Thor!

1 comment:

  1. I predict that I will read a new entry in this forum soon.

    ReplyDelete